It finally got cold enough that when Aerostich rolled into town with their popup I purchase an Aerostich WINDSTOPPER Electric Vest seen here. It plugs directly into the bike and I will be out testing it as soon as I am cleared to ride! Only a couple of weeks now!
I am going to try this trick as it is less expensive than purchasing something. Hope it work.
Three new bridges are supposed to be opening in 2017 and I can’t wait. Find more information at the Forest Park Conservancy web site here.
- The Maple Trail bridge is 32 feet long. Construction began in early July and completion is scheduled for the end of September.
- The Lower Macleay bridge is 78 feet long. Construction began in mid-June and scheduled for completion at the end of September. Lower Macleay Trail is the most popular trail in Forest Park and experiences thousands of users per year, making this bridge replacement project a top priority.
- The Wildwood Trail bridge is 40 feet long. Construction has not yet started but is anticipated to begin early September and be completed by the end of October.
- The new bridge design was a collaborative effort between PP&R, a community focus group, and the consulting design team: Environmental Science Associates (civil and environmental engineers), Fieldwork Design & Architecture (architects), and Grummel Engineering, LLC (structural engineers).
- PP&R is planning a grand opening celebration for the new bridges. Watch for more details and other project information coming soon.