XBMC was a bust for me to use. It simply had too many issues with configuring my graphics for very little payback. I continue to use my HPMediaVault with extra software.
This week I am installing Fedora 12 and Storytlr In The Shop.
From the Storytlr Site:
Storytlr is an open source lifestreaming and micro blogging platform. You can use it for a single user or it can act as a host for many people all from the same installation.
What we offer to user
What does Storytlr offer to its users?
Bring your content together:
* Import your web 2.0 life: Pick your sources and they will appear as a lifestream directly on your site. We currently support the following services: Delicious, Digg, Disqus, Flickr, Google Reader, Identi.ca / Laconi.ca, Last.fm favorites, Picasa, Qik, RSS Feeds, Seesmic, StumbleUpon, Tumblr, Twitpic pictures in Twitter tweets, Twitter, Vimeo, Youtube Favorites
* Post anything you want: In just a few simple steps you can update your status, share a song you liked, give your opinion or link to an interesting site.
Mashup your data into stories
Tell your stories in a new way: Photo albums are old school! Pick your sources, start and end date and your story is good to go. If necessary you can tweak it for a better flow.
Reinvent your homepage
Choose your own style: Pick from a range of compelling templates that are easy to customize.
No prominent service branding: It is all about you, so you will not find big logos or fixed brand colors on storytlr.
Pick or use your own domain name: You are free to use any domain you want.
What did others think of Storytlr:
“They’ve done a fantastic job with both concept and implementation.” – ReadWriteWeb
“Put it all together, and you?ve got a serious competitor to Tumblr and other lifestreaming applications.” – Mashable
“Storytlr remains a unique service among so much social media noise.” – Ars Technica
“This is a cool and different visual approach to lifestreams.” – TheNextWeb
- Power Of Social Media – Presentation by Karl Kasca to AMC Career BridgeBuilders Group on January 14, 2010 10 Slides (slideshare.net)
- Re-evaluating my Social Network (scott.wilsonsway.net)
- 25 Time Saving Bookmarklets You Will Want to Have in Your Browser (maketecheasier.com)
- The Power Of Social Media: Gaining the competitive edge through LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook! (slideshare.net)